Antigravity Fitness Experience: I have always been an athletic person; I do enjoy exercise, and especially when that is something new and different.
Being the mother of a 4 yr old brat, I was always complaining the lack of time for keeping myself fit.
Until one day, I explored the possibility of attending a fitness class. I explored various possibilities GYM, Fitness, Pilates, aerobics. Suddenly, I saw this thing called ANTIGRAVITY FITNESS. I checked a few reviews about this place and decided to have a free trial class. On a lazy Saturday morning, I headed to the class in J.P Nagar 6th phase.
I was welcomed in by a warm smile by Mr. Naveen Sharma (he has a lot of certificates displayed in the entryway) who kick-started the classes at 8.00 am… The first thing which caught my eyes was a bunch of pale orange silk hammocks suspended from the ceiling of about 8-10ft high. To be honest, I was already feeling pretty nervous. I used to do yoga long back in college and run occasionally but other than that, I’m not exactly a fitness expert.
The thought of hanging from the ceiling over a shiny hardwood floor with only a silk rope to support me seemed suddenly petrifying. I was scared of people around me judging if I was incapable of doing what was told. But somehow, fortunately, I managed to get through the class. Not only did I get through the class, but I also kind of rocked it, if I do say so to myself. By the end of the class with a lot of encouragement and support from my trainer, I was literally hanging upside-down, a silk scarf the only thing keeping me in the air. At the end of the class, I had a huge smile on my face. I genuinely had a good time and learned a few things along the way.
- Right before we started working out, Mr. Naveen gave us an idea of what we were going to do. Stretches, core exercises, various squats, swinging etc. This was no big deal to me. I did these with ease.
- As Naveen and the rest of the class went through the moves, specifically the more advanced ones like hanging upside-down or flipping around in the hammock, I stared at them wide-eyed, certain I would never be able to do it no matter how hard I tried. Oh, I was wrong!
- Once you’re in that hammock correctly, you’re so much more secure than you’d think. If you do exactly what you’re told, you’ll find yourself doing front and back flips, handstands, and even hanging upside-down. As you’re doing it, you think, “Oh… this isn’t even that hard!” In fact, I actually found the stretches more difficult than the upside-down part. It does hurt though, so expect to be sore the next day.
- If you told me a few weeks back that I would find myself suspended in the air in a split position with my legs wrapped in a silk hammock, I would laugh at you until I cried. But I did it! AntiGravity® showed me that our bodies really can do so much more than we think they can. It’s not about losing weight or trying to tone up. It’s about pushing our bodies to a limit we didn’t know was possible. It’s really inspiring and makes you feel like you are flying.
- The music played in the background was too soothing. Most importantly, no one judges you there. Everyone was more than encouraging especially on the days when I didn’t get the inverts right. Oh!! All of us have bad days, don’t we?
- A lot of AntiGravity® is done in an upside-down position. I doubt you find yourself hanging upside-down very often (if you do, tell me about it please!). Having the blood rush to your head for more than a minute is an interesting sensation that can really change your perspective. Being upside-down is obviously a big part of AntiGravity®. In that position, you’ll feel the blood pumping through your body. When you’re finished, you’ll feel taller, lighter, and super strong. It’s pretty awesome.
So what are my final thoughts on Antigravity Fitness? From what I have written it’s pretty obvious that I loved it. On the downside, I had a few bruises on my legs and arms and my muscles sore.
Honestly, this was worth it!! The classes made me feel so awesome about myself because I did something new that seemed terrifying.
Sharing the details of the antigravity fitness class and posting a few snaps of mine taken during my class:
Ashmayu Yoga:- https://www.ashmayuyoga.com/
No. 20/1, 3rd Floor, 24th Main, Off 15th Cross,
6th Phase, JP Nagar, Bengaluru – 560078,
Karnataka – INDIA
Contact: +91 9686002222 | +91 9916286888
Thank you for reading through this and hopefully, I have motivated a few of you to take this up.